WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE RENTING
• All drivers must present a valid driver’s license and credit card in their own name at the time of rental.
• Drivers must have a safe driving record and may be subject to a California Department of Motor Vehicles or Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles check.
• Only drivers listed on the Rental Agreement may operate a DRIV3 Rentals Los Angeles vehicle.
• All drivers must be 21 years of age or older, present a valid driver’s license upon rental, have proof of full insurance coverage and may be subject to an additional underage driver fee if under the age of 25.
• Clients from outside the United States must present their driver’s license and a valid passport at the time of rental.
• Full insurance coverage is required on all our vehicles and must be verified prior to rental if additional coverages are declined. Some credit card companies provide additional coverage beyond whatever personal automobile insurance may cover, but it is best to verify this with them directly before your rental.
• Additional deposits and insurance coverage may be required on selected luxury and exotic vehicles.
• DRIV3 Rentals Los Angeles vehicles are not allowed to enter Mexico, or leave the State Of California without the proper notice.
• Smoking is not permitted inside our vehicles at any time and will result in a substantial cleaning fee.
Reservation (Holding) Deposits ( Credit Card / CASH )
Please be advised we will not Hold or Deliver any Vehicle for any client without a Holding Deposit. A minimum of 50% (Percent) on a Major Credit Card will be charged and will go towards your rental. Please fill out the form provided:
If you are using a Major Credit Card for a Any Vehicle Rental Deposit, for Example: $500 you will only get charged once. If you are planning on using CASH as a Deposit, the Deposit Fee will be double the amount, for Example: $1000
• You can make your reservation online (to the right of this screen) or by calling 323-544-3076 within the U.S. or from outside the U.S.
• We will confirm your reservation by email or telephone with a reservation number. Please contact us at least 48 hours in advance of your rental in the event you need to make changes to or cancel your reservation.
• Because of the exclusive nature of our business, DRIV3 Rentals Los Angeles is committed to providing you with the exact vehicle you have reserved. There are rare situations in which the car you reserved may not be available—for example, the previous customer fails to return the vehicle on time or it is returned with physical damage or a mechanical problem which makes it impossible to deliver the vehicle to you. In the event this happens, we will provide you with a comparable vehicle.
• The total amount indicated on your reservation is only an estimate of most of the anticipated charges that may be due upon return of your vehicle. This estimate excludes the following types of charges:
• Service fees
• Fuel charges
• Excess mileage charges
Car Insurance & Security Deposits
Client's get confused from time to time what Car Insurance Covers and what Security Deposit Covers:
• Car Insurance ONLY covers if you get into a Car Accident with another Car / Motorist / Vehicle, or any Property Damage that you may have caused $2,500 or more.
• Security Deposits Covers minor dents, paint scratches, damage to the Car Rims/Tires, Smoking in the Car, Refill of Gas, Excess Mileage, Giving a vehicle to an unauthorized driver or engaging in any illegal activity with the use of our Vehicles.
Cancellations & No Shows
• Due to the high demand for our vehicles, DRIV3 Rentals Los Angeles requires a cancellation notice of at least 48 hours.
• Cancellations received less than 48 hours before the reserved rental time are subject to one full day rental charge plus all applicable taxes.
• There is no charge for cancellations received more than 48 hours before the reserved rental time.
• If you do not show up for your rental you may be subject to one full day rental charge plus all applicable taxes.
• All rental rates are based on a 24-hour period; vehicles are not available at an hourly rate.
• Daily, weekly and monthly rates vary by vehicle and by seasonal availability and are subject to change without notice.
• A set amount of mileage may be included with your rental; excess mileage charges may be billed at the rate specified on your rental agreement.
• We offer a variety of coverage options including Liability Damage Waiver (LDW), Collision Damage Waiver (CDW), Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI), Personal Accident and Personal Effects Insurance (PAE), and Renter Liability Protection (RLP) for additional fees.
• Your rental vehicle must be returned with the same level of fuel as when it went out or you will be charged $40 to refuel. If the tank was not full when you rented the vehicle and you refuel your vehicle prior to returning it you may want to provide us with a copy of your gas receipt.
• Applicable local and airport taxes are also charged on your rental agreement.
• We do offer a one hour grace period to return your vehicle. If you exceed the 24-hour rental period by more than one hour, a per hour late charge will be applied for each hour the vehicle is late, and depending on the vehicle may result in an additional full day rental charge.
• Additional equipment fees, cleaning and damage fees may apply.
• A credit card is not required for DRIV3 Rentals Los Angeles reservations,
The following payment methods are accepted:
◦ Master Card
◦ American Express
◦ Cash / Zelle / Cash App / Apple Pay
Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions supplement the Rental Agreement and together form the contractual agreement between all renters, authorized drivers, and DRIV3 Rentals. The term “Vehicle” means the rental vehicle. The term “Renter” means all renters and authorized drivers identified on the Rental Agreement.
Please read the following carefully prior to signing the Rental Agreement.
Section 1: Return, Repossession and Costs
The Vehicle is the property of DRIV3 Rentals Los Angeles. Renter agrees to return the Vehicle, together with all tires and equipment:
• In the same condition as when received, ordinary wear and tear excepted;
• To the location from where it was rented or other location as agreed upon in advance;
• On the due back date specified on the Rental Agreement; or
• An earlier date if requested by DRIV3 upon 24 hours notice.
DRIV3 Rentals Los Angeles may peacefully repossess the vehicle without demand or notice at any time and keep the entire rental amount and deposit if:
• The Vehicle is used in violation of the law.
• The Vehicle is given to an individual who is blacklisted or does not carry a valid drivers license
• The Vehicle is used in violation of any term or condition of the Rental Agreement or Rental Jacket;
• The Vehicle is apparently abandoned;
• The Vehicle is illegally parked and/or subject to towing; or
• The Vehicle is not returned by the due date specified on the Rental Agreement.
• The Vehicle used on a race track, we do not allow this for any reason or circumstance.
The Renter is not DRIV3 Rentals Los Angeles agent for any purpose.
Renter is responsible for all reasonable costs arising from the Vehicle being (a) returned or left at any location other that the original renting location, or (b) seized by a governmental authority, if such seizure arises from the Renter’s conduct. These costs include parking charges, parking citations, towing, storage and impound fees. If the Vehicle is beyond 250 miles of the renting location, the Renter is responsible for the cost of transporting the Vehicle to the renting location, including the costs of a driver, lodging, and meals. Renter is liable for all attorneys’ fees incurred in recovering the Vehicle, including from a governmental authority. Renter is liable for all parking or traffic violation fines incurred during the rental period, and authorizes DRIV3 to charge Renter’s credit card for such fines as well as a $100 administration fee for each.
Section 2: Unauthorized Uses & LDW Exclusions
Each Renter shall be fully responsible for all loss or damage to the Vehicle, regardless of fault or cause.
The acts and/or uses listed below are prohibited and violate the scope of permissive use of the Vehicle. If Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) protection has been purchased, any of the following acts, uses or operations of the Vehicle will void LDW coverage:
• Operation of the Vehicle by anyone who is not an authorized driver identified on the Rental Agreement;
• Use of the Vehicle for commercial hire;
• Providing false or fraudulent information to DRIV3;
• Use of the Vehicle in a willful, wanton, or reckless manner;
• Use of the Vehicle in connection with conduct that can be charged as a felony;
• Use of the Vehicle in any speed test, contest or driver training activity;
• Use of the Vehicle to push or tow any vehicle or trailer;
• Operation of the Vehicle off-road or on any unpaved road;
• Operation of the Vehicle by someone under the influence of drugs or alcohol in violation of the vehicle codes and/or laws in the state in which the vehicle is driven;
• Operation of the Vehicle outside the State of California or Nevada unless consented to in writing by DRIV3;
• Operation of the Vehicle outside the USA unless consented to in writing by DRIV3;
• Driving the Vehicle without a valid driver’s license or with a license which has been suspended or revoked.
Section 3: Rental Charges
Renter will pay DRIV3 Rentals Los Angeles on demand all incurred charges, including but not limited to: weekly, daily, hourly rental charges at the rate specified on the Rental Agreement; mileage charges; additional equipment charges; Loss Damage Waiver (if accepted); Supplemental Liability Insurance (if accepted); Accidental Death/Medical Coverage (if accepted); refueling charges; airport surcharges; additional driver surcharges; and other fees and miscellaneous charges when applicable; state, local sales, excise and use taxes.
All charges that are unpaid at time of return of the Vehicle accrue interest at 18% per annum, compounded daily.
In the event any amount due under this Rental Agreement is billed to another person or organization, Renter shall remain jointly and severally liable for all such charges.
Section 4: Collision, Damage, Repair Costs, LDW, Theft
Please read this section carefully prior to rental.
Renter is responsible for all damage or loss of the Vehicle, regardless of cause or fault, up to the Vehicle’s fair market value.
Renter is responsible for the cost of repair, up to the fair market value of the Vehicle, loss of use (measured by the daily rental rate), diminished value, towing, storage, impound fees, administrative fees up to $100 or as allowed by law, and all other related costs.
Renter’s own insurance or credit card company may cover all or part of the Renter’s financial responsibility for damages or loss to the Vehicle. Renter should check to find out about the scope of Renter’s coverage(s), and what deductible may apply.
DRIV3 Rentals Los Angeles will hold Renter responsible for the damage and/or loss of use if Renter violated in Section 2: Unauthorized Uses & LDW Exclusions. In the event such a provision is violated, the Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) shall be deemed voided. Under such circumstances, each Renter, singularly and jointly, is fully responsible for any damage, repair costs, loss of use, and all other related costs and charges.
Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) does not cover loss or damage due to theft or vandalism. If Renter purchases Loss Damage Waiver (LDW), Renter remains liable up to the full value of the Vehicle in event of theft or vandalism.
If the Vehicle is not returned to DRIV3 for any reason, including an alleged theft, Renter is fully responsible for the fair market value of the Vehicle to the full extent provided by law.
Section 5: Protecting the Vehicle
To protect the Vehicle from vandalism and theft, Renter agrees that Renter:
• Will close all windows, lock all doors and arm the Vehicle’s security system before leaving the Vehicle for any length of time, no matter how brief.
• Will park the Vehicle only in areas that are safe and secure.
• Will keep the Vehicle ignition key in Renter’s possession at all times.
• Will not leave the Vehicle ignition key in the ignition, interior door, or trunk when the Vehicle is not in use.
• Will not give the Vehicle ignition key to any parking valet attendant or other person who is not an authorized driver listed on the Rental Agreement.
• Will not make a copy of the Vehicle’s ignition key.
• Will park the Vehicle in a secure parking structure, garage, driveway, hotel parking lot or other secure parking lot and not park the Vehicle overnight on the street.
• Will not leave personal effects (e.g., cameras, camcorders, gifts) or valuables in the Vehicle so they are visible to the outside while the Vehicle is unoccupied or unattended.
Section 6: Mechanical Breakdown, Emergency Roadside Service
In the event of a mechanical breakdown or malfunction, Renter will cease operation of the Vehicle at the first sign of mechanical trouble. In such an event, Renter will contact DRIV3 immediately. Renter will not authorize or attempt any repair(s) to the Vehicle without DRIV3’s prior written approval. Renter is fully responsible for any unauthorized repair(s) and any damage caused thereby.
Any service to, or replacement of, a part or accessory on the Vehicle must have DRIV3’s prior written approval.
If Renter smells oil, gasoline, or any kind of burning, Renter shall in a safe manner immediately stop the Vehicle and immediately call DRIV3 for roadside service. DRIV3 will come out and inspect the Vehicle and make arrangement for a replacement vehicle, if appropriate. In case of fire, please call the fire department first.
Section 7: Property Left in the Rental Vehicle
DRIV3 is not liable for loss or damage to any property left, stored or transported by Renter, whether or not said loss or damage was caused by or related to negligence of DRIV3 or Vehicle malfunction. Renter assumes all risk of such loss or damage and waives all claims against DRIV3 arising from such losses.
Section 8: Indemnification from Third Party Claims/Lawsuits
Renter agrees that Renter and Renter’s insurer shall defend and indemnify DRIV3 in connection with any and all injuries, damages, claims, lawsuits, attorneys’ fees, costs and expenses arising out of, or related to, the use and/or operation of the Vehicle.
Renter must immediately report to the police all accidents involving any bodily injury or property damage of more than $100.
In the event of an accident causing any damage or bodily injury, Renter shall notify DRIV3 immediately, fill out DRIV3’s Accident Report and set forth in writing a detailed explanation of how the accident happened and identify all witnesses. If this cannot be done in person, Renter will do so by phone or mail within 24 hours of the accident.
DRIV3 shall not be liable in whole or in part for any indirect, special or consequential damages, including without limitation, loss of time, income, lodging, personal expenses, loss of benefits, suffered or incurred by Renter or any third person relating to or arising out of the furnishing, performance, or use of the Vehicle, including mechanical breakdown or failure to honor a reservation.
DRIV3 does not indemnify or insure against any claim for bodily injury or property damage caused to third party. Renter is primarily liable for such claims under California or Nevada law.
If Renter purchases Renter’s Liability Protection (RLP) or Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI), Renter has entered into an insurance contract with an insurance company which many not be a California admitted carrier and is unaffiliated with DRIV3. If such insurance company should fail or refuse to honor its insurance obligations, it is not the responsibility of DRIV3.
Neither Renter’s Liability Protection (RLP), nor Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI), if purchased, insures Renter for property damage or loss caused to the Vehicle. Renter remains fully responsible for all damage and loss to the Vehicle, unless Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) applies.
Renter covenants and agrees Renter will hold harmless and indemnify DRIV3, the Vehicle owner, lessor, and lienholder from any and all claims, demands, causes of action, attorney fees, costs or expenses of any kind that relate to, or arise from, any alleged negligent use or operation of the Vehicle during the terms of the rental.
Section 9: Notice About Your Financial Responsibility & Optional Damage Waiver
Renter is responsible for all damage or loss to the Vehicle, even if caused by someone else or the cause is unknown. Renter is responsible for the cost of repairs (up to its full value), loss of use, diminished value, towing, storage and impound fees.
The Renter’s insurance, or the credit card used to pay for the rental transaction, may cover all or part of Renter’s financial responsibility for the Vehicle. Renter should check with the Renter’s insurance company, or credit card issuer, to find out about the coverage and the applicable deductible, if any, for which Renter may be liable.
If a credit card was used that provides coverage for potential liability, Renter should check with the card issuer to determine if the Renter’s personal insurance coverage limits much first be exhausted before the credit card coverage applies.